Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The word "fantasmigorical"

To whoever reads this blog,

I've considered creating a blog for a long while, but haven't done it until today. I see it as an opportunity to share little tidbits of life that are funny, inspiring, contemplative, interesting, sad, true, and wonderful!

"The word fantasmigorical was created on the spot by my twin sister. I don't know what it means except for being a strange combination of a couple of words. If we study the words from which this could be contrived we see fantastic and migorical. Fantastic or fantasy are self explanatory as something amazing and wonderful and maybe mystical. Migorical reminds me of allegorical which is symbolic or figurative. That makes the word fantasmigorical a description of a fantastic symbol. I believe life is a fantasmigorical thing."

As my sister informed me though, fantasmigorical is in the urban dictionary: Quite simply the BEST word ever devised. It's a mixture of the words, 'fantastic', 'amazing' and 'magical' all in one juicy little package. It's important not to overuse the word. It's reserved for when ordinary, boring words just won't cut it. I personally think this makes more sense and therefore accept the definition.

To let all of you know, I am an member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and I am a musician who loves to play oboe. Hope you enjoy my blog :)

2 comments:

  1. You know, Sis, I didn't make the word up. It's an actual word according to this urban dictionary! http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fantasmagorical
    Cool, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. www.urbandictionary.com
    Fantasmigorical: Quite simply the BEST word ever devised. It's a mixture of the words, 'fantastic', 'amazing' and 'magical' all in one juicy little package. It's important not to overuse the word. It's reserved for when ordinary, boring words just won't cut it.

    ReplyDelete