Monday, August 30, 2010

Answer to Prayer

I had a wonderful experience last week that has strengthened my testimony.

I decided a couple weeks ago that I should find an occupational therapist down in Provo where I am at school to continue therapy and hopefully finally take care of my tendinitis. I mentioned it to the therapist I had at home (he has given me therapy several times before and after I went to Alaska), and he said I should find one who is ASTYM(Augmented Soft Tissue Mobilization) certified. Dad and I searched on our health insurance website for approved therapists, then I searched on the ASTYM website. One name showed up on both lists. I got an excited feeling about that name. I wasn't sure if it was just nervousness or not, so I asked Mom how she felt about it (she being entitled to motherly inspiration). She told me she hadn't received any negative feelings, so it must be good. After deciding on this doctor I continued to feel an excited/nervous sensation and nothing negative. The next morning I felt happy and excited. I set up the appointment for Friday, and for the next couple of days that looming appointment had the center of my attention as I waited in joyful anticipation. The appointment went great and my doctor started the ASTYM treatment right away (a tapered plastic edge is dragged along the affected tendons to tramatize the area; I then have to do 6 streches 4-6 times a day to help the tissue mend itself properly.). I find it interesting that such a simple procedure does so much. I am grateful to the person who discovered it!

I have never felt so right about something in my life as I have about this. I feel like my prolonged prayers are in the process of being answered. Life is wonderful; God is in control, and in His timetable, all things will be accomplished according to His will. I know my Heavenly Father is aware of me, and that he loves me very much. The struggles I have endured have helped me grow, and I know now I am being blessed. After five more sessions, the tissue of my arm will be healed, God willing, and I will be able to enjoy life with pain-free arms. All is well

No comments:

Post a Comment