Saturday, July 16, 2011

Waiting…

Right now I am waiting. In 30 minutes I will find out where the Lord has called me to serve. My sister who is also going on a mission is a lot more excited than I am. I think it’s because she has been anticipating this day for a long while whereas I decided to go less then two months ago. My feelings, though strong, are of a different sort. I feel great anticipation, nervousness, and a little bit of fear. I am a little afraid that the call will say I’m not meant to serve a mission and then I’ll have to change my plans all over again.
Plans aren’t the only reason why I would be sad not to go, because I received a very strong answer from God, one I was not expecting, telling me to serve a mission and if I can’t go, I will feel like I’m letting Him down. So, no matter where I am called to serve, I just want to follow the path God is laying before me. I want to do my best to learn everything I can and help everyone I need to help while in this life, so I can return home faithfully and tell my God that I have done as He asked, so that He may smile down at me and say, “Well done, my good and faithful servant.” I want to keep my second estate so that when I leave it, I will be eligible to receive the cleansing power of the Atonement and enter my Father’s Kingdom sealed to an eternal family and capable of continual progression.
In my patriarchal blessing the Lord told me that He needs my help to bring to pass His work and glory: the immortality and eternal life of man. Though imperfect as I am, I wish to fulfill this request in every way possible.
Lord, let me serve you. I’m ready and waiting to serve your children. I’ll go where you want me to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment