Monday, March 19, 2012

in a bigger city…

So I was transferred from the small town of Gaffney to the big city of Greenville...it's quite the change. I am now in the Greenville 1st ward. My wonderful new companion is Sis. Brand (Funny connection: she just finished her training with my wonderful MTC companion Sis. Robertson! It's a small world among sister missionaries). Our area covers most of Easly and a little bit of Greenville. We move among three different counties on a daily basis. And, there are two sets of missionaries in our ward, sisters and elders...that's the strangest part of it all. I got used to seeing other missionaries only once a week at district meetings; now we coordinate on the phone with them every day. Our building is shared by two wards and a Spanish branch--each with two sets of missionaries. That's a lot of missionaries in one building! 

Though this area is different, I'm excited to serve here. It's been a real challenge to try to learn the new area, but I'm finally beginning to settle in. I now remember all of the bishopric's names and a couple of the sisters. It's a start! I know I will grow a lot in this area, and I know there is someone here, maybe multiple someone's, who I can touch and help bring into the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I've learned this week that when we're thrown into new situations, it can seem very overwhelming, but the Lord has promised over and over in the scriptures that all we need to do is ask and we shall receive guidance, we will receive the help and support and comfort we need to accomplish the task that He has given us. So we must always trust Him and have faith in Him and walk in the paths that He has placed before us, even when we cannot see through the trees to our destination.

Spring is in full bloom. New green leaves are popping up everywhere...and so are the bugs, but alas, I know I will survive. The mild winter and early spring means there will be a lot more bugs this year than usual...yay?

Love you all more! Have a wonderful week!

Love,

Sister Cottam

No comments:

Post a Comment