Monday, May 28, 2012

the heat is on

We got a good taste of summer weather this week. It was hot and muggy and we came home sticky and sweaty...I love humidity ;) I know I'll miss it when I leave. We had almost half of our investigators drop us this week. A couple of them were pretty solid too, but the work moves forward. There are others waiting to receive the fulness of the gospel. When we find them, it is so amazing! Our investigator Chelsea is going strong. Her testimony is growing everyday and she is becoming more and more committed to the gospel. She has been reading the Book of Mormon religiously. She has a goal to finish it before her baptism on June 16th. She has it downloaded on her phone and reads at every spare moment. Sis. Brand and I both have no doubt that she will be baptized. It will be the first time sisters have had a baptism in this area and we're so excited!

This past week we had another awesome meeting: zone conference. The main themes were about using the Book of Mormon more and about being a 4th missionary (as Hna. Cottam has discussed before). Our new favorite contact method is bringing up something we've read in a great book relating to our lives, asking "Do you like to read?", and then explaining the Book of Mormon and inviting them to learn more about it. I've reflected often over our trainings and have striven to apply the principles that were taught. Perhaps the training that has affected me the most this week was one given by our mission president's wife all about our attitude. The more we say to ourselves something, the more we believe ourselves. "Positive affirmations" can give a brighter outlook and actually help us become what we want to become. I've gotten into the habit of saying to myself, "I love being a missionary." and other such phrases, and I've already seen my attitude change. I'm loving the work more. I have greater desire to be more diligent and dedicated to the work and I am happier everyday. The power of the subconscious is powerful. The spirit is powerful.

Love yall lots!

This will be a great week!

Love,
Sister Cottam

No comments:

Post a Comment