Monday, June 11, 2012

strength in prayer

Hey yall!

We've stayed very busy this week with transfers and preparing two
investigators for baptism. Kayla slipped with the Word of Wisdom, and
we had to move her baptism back to this week. Though she has struggled
she is excited to move forward and be baptized. Sis. Brand was
transfered to Martinez, GA, but she received permission to come back
for Kayla's baptism.

I never realized that I could be so worried for another indivdual
until now. I love Kayla so much and just want her to have the best and
be able to overcome every temptation to be baptized and experience
that joy! My heart is constantly pouring out in prayer for her
welfare. Her soul depends on this. The future of her family depends on
this. Satan knows it, and he is working overtime on her. If nothing
else, I know that this is truly the Lord's work because Satan works so
hard to keep people from it!

I learned an important lesson this week through experience: the Lord
gives us the strength that we need to fulfill any assignment He gives
us. I know I'm not a perfect missionary, but I have marveled at how
the Lord has made up for my weaknesses as I have strived to be exactly
obedient, diligent in the work, and supportive to my new trainee Sis.
Koeven :) Going through the process of preparing to meet the trainees,
doing a little training with them in Columbia, and then working with
Sis. Koeven this past week has made me reflect often on my experiences
when I first came out. I was so grateful for the experiences I had and
I pray that I will be a tool in the Lord's hands in helping Sis.
Koeven also have an amazing start in her service. I'm excited to work
with her for the next 12 weeks!

Have a wonderful week all yall! Press forward with faith!

Love always,
Sister Cottam

No comments:

Post a Comment