Monday, November 5, 2012

this IS the Church of Jesus Christ

I am so grateful for all the things that have happened this week. Many of the things Elder Bednar taught are still fresh on my mind as I think and reflect on them over and over. The Spirit I felt there was so incredible.  From the moment I saw Elder Bednar I could feel the Spirit witness to my heart that he is an Apostle of Jesus Christ and as he bore his testimony at the end, I could not doubt a word he said and I knew that he knew without a doubt that Jesus Christ lives and this is His Church and His gospel. I know it will be an experience I will never forget as the Spirit taught me important principles and truths. That was mainly his focus.

We've taught several wonderful lessons to some amazing people and invited almost everyone we taught to church. Unfortunately, no one made it this week. Though trials like that are sometimes difficult, it has often caused me to reflect and look deeper to see what more we can do. I was so grateful for Elder Bednar's message about our agency. We can teach and teach, yet it's not about us. We need to create an environment in which the Spirit can be there. Ultimately it is the investigator's choice to accept and act. Over the last several weeks I have realized that too often I am teaching of myself, and not by the Spirit. As I have long overcome my hurdle of speaking up, I have lost some of my dependence on the Spirit as I teach. One of the lessons the Spirit taught me quite plainly and powerfully on Saturday is the crucial importance of DEPENDING on the Holy Ghost. I can't do the Lord's will without it. I know the things I learned this weekend will shape the rest of my mission and my life for the better. I love being a missionary and having the opportunity to learn so much that will bless my life and the lives of my investigators. I love this chance I have to serve the Lord, and constantly pray that I will not waste a moment of it.

Have a wonderful week!

Love,

Sister Cottam 

No comments:

Post a Comment