Saturday, July 16, 2011

Alaska season

Well it’s been almost a week since I got back from Alaska. The season was weird. We had a lot of fish for several days and then had almost nothing. I heard from my cousin who is still up there that more fish have come, so that’s good news for those still working, especially my cousin who needs money for college. I ended up coming home with less to 2 grand. That’s a lot lower than previous years, but at least I don’t absolutely need money for my mission. I have wonderful parents and grandparents ready to pay. I and my sister made deals with our parents that we’ll buy all the clothes and they’ll cover everything else.
About a week and a half into the season we got to see bears!
 1810702112133
My camera doesn’t have a great zoom, but you can tell there’s a mom and a cub. The mom was looking for salmon on the river at low tide. I loved getting to watch the cub run and play.
169175176170
It was often cloudy this summer so I only got to see one gorgeous sunset, but it was amazing enough. the clouds there are beautiful because the air is so clean. On our first Sunday there we had the morning off. The river was so smooth. The picture on the bottom left is my sister’s work. It says “gloves”. Part of our job is to clean the floors in the break room. In order to get all the dirt up we had to scrub it with water and a stiff bristle broom and then mop it up.
Overall my experience in Alaska was good, though I wish I could have stayed longer. It’s been a blessing to be back this early though. We got to go see the final Harry Potter movie at midnight! Such an amazing movie! We watched the 5th, 6th, and 7th pt.1 with friends before going to the showing. It was a great experience. I also got to see some extended family who passed through town and begin preparing for my mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment