Tuesday, December 20, 2011

the week of losing my companion and transfers. Oh yeah, and Christmas :)

This past week has been amazing and crazy all rolled into one. Sister Jepsen's mission ended last Friday. It has been hard to see her go, but I am so grateful we were able to work hard through to the end. On Tuesday we had our Christmas zone conference, so we only had Wednesday and Thursday to work in Gaffney. Those were the busiest best two days of my entire mission so far. I loved working my tail off! I bet that sounds odd to hear me say, but there's something about putting my whole self into the work of the Lord that fills my soul with joy and thanksgiving for the gospel. We had two days full of appointments, and even when several of those fell through, we found one of our backups at home, so we taught them. It was awesome and amazing. No, we didn't have any overwhelming spiritual lessons or someone jump into the waters of baptism, but the constant work and opportunities to teach were wonderful.

On Friday I was dropped off in Spartenburg and Sister Jepsen was taken to Columbia. It felt so weird to be with out her. I have spent the last few days in a trio with Sister Beckstrom and Serafine. They love the work and don't mind laughing and having fun. It's been a different pace from the last week with Sis. Jepsen, but we've still had some wonderful finding and teaching experiences. This last Sunday, Pres. and Sis. Holm spoke in the Gaffney ward. I knew I was going to be in Spartenburg, so I was so sad that I wouldn't get to be there (plus, I knew Sis. Jepsen would be there with her parents). I had come to accept the fact that I wouldn't be there, but I got a call at 8:50am from the mission president. He expressed how it wouldn't be quite right to speak in Gaffney without the missionaries there, so he offered to pick me up on their way there! I was sooooo excited. At 10am, they picked just me up from the Spartenburg church building, and I rode with them to Gaffney. Sis. Holm became my companion for the next few hours. The whole ward was surprised to see me because I had told them I wasn't going to be there, and of course Sis. Jepsen was so happy to see me. She told me how strange it had been for her to be without me (seems like we've grown pretty close ;) ). I am so grateful to the Lord for letting me be in Gaffney for that short time again and to get to hear what my mission president said to the ward so I can continue to encourage his message as I work there in the coming weeks.

Transfers are this Wednesday. I am happy to say I will still be in Gaffney, and I will have either one or two new companions (not set in stone yet). I am so happy to still work there because I have fallen in love with the people and the area. I can't wait to get back there and hit the ground running this coming Wednesday. There's a lot of work yet to do in Gaffney, SC !

By the way, check out my mormon.org profile! If you search "oboe idaho" you'll pull me right up :) . I'll have to tell you all about the pilot concept "Best Relationships Proselyting" next week. Our mission is piloting it for the rest of the Church. It's going to be awesome :D ! But alas, I am out of time.

Love you all lots!!! Can't wait to talk to you on Sunday! and have a very merry Christmas!

Love,

Sister Cottam

No comments:

Post a Comment