Wednesday, January 4, 2012

week after Christmas–sent on December 27, 2011

Because so many libraries were closed this Monday, Pres. Holm had us move email time to today, so here I am sitting at a computer writting to all y'all :)

First off, thank you for all of your Christmas gifts. Luke, I did find your note. Thank you very much! I loved the chance I had to call home. Honestly it felt I haven't been gone for 4 months. My only wish is that we could have talked longer, but I love this work and am so glad I'm serving the Lord. I love you all!

This past week has been a hot mess ("very crazy") in several ways, but it has been so good too. We had transfers on Wednesday. I knew that I would be staying in Gaffney, but I didn't know who my companion would be. I was warned on Sunday be Pres. Holm that I might have two companions, which was then confirmed by the assitants on Tuesday. It was a fairly large transfer mtg because we had 18 new missionaries arrive. My new companions are Sis. Graves and Sis. Kloepfel (pronounced Klepfel). Interesting connections: They were companions last transfer, Sis. Graves was Sis. Roos' trainer, and Sis. Kloepfel and I were in the same MTC district. Cool huh? I am so excited to work with them. It's going to be a learning experience for sure. They teach differently from Sis. Jepsen, but they still both have a fire and a love for sharing the gospel.

We've had both set backs and miracles this week. Cayce didn't come to church this week, so we have to move her baptism back again. Her desire to get baptized hasn't changed though. She just has to take the steps to get there. In happier news, Sister Porr, her husband, and her daughter who we're teaching all came to church! AHHH!!! It was so wonderful to have them there, even on Christmas day. We spent a lot of time with them this weekend. We had lunch and taught a lesson on Saturday and then spent time with them on Sunday. They are a wonderful family. It is amazing to see change happening. Their daughter is excited about continuing to learn and getting baptized on Jan. 7th! Also, one of our other investigators Eddie is progressing well. He's been looking into the church off and on for 10 years, but he told us last night that this time he was really serious about learning. He feels good about it all and wants to be baptized. He is set to be baptized Jan 14. He is so quiet and thoughtful, but he is gaining a testimony.

I love you all. I love this work. I am so happy to be a missionary serving the Lord. I know there are people waiting to hear the gospel. As long as we live right the Spirit will guide to be where we need to be to bless the lives of someone else. 

Have a happy new year!

Love,

Sister Cottam  

No comments:

Post a Comment