Monday, February 13, 2012

birthday wish and a little faith :)

Here is a birthday wish too all of you with birthdays in the month of February:

" Behold, I say unto you that whoso believeth in Christ, doubting nothing, whatsoever he shall ask the Father in the name of Christ it shall be granted him; and this promise is unto all, even unto the ends of the earth."  Mormon 9:21

This is the best birthday gift you could ever have, to know that what ever you ask that is right, He promises to give it to you. May the Lord bless you in all your endevors as you seek for His guidance. Then you can become an instrument in the hands of the Lord in doing His work...you don't have to be a missionary to be His hand tool.

I'm so glad to hear you had an enjoyable family party. I hope you all enjoyed a piece of cake for me ;) . I thought once the holidays were over I wouldn't have to worry about sweets, but I've been bombarded from multiple sides by valentines day candy...I'll take chocolate any day...especially when it's free. I can't say that this ward doesn't love it's missionaries.

This week we've been concentrating heavily on helping our investigators on baptismal date progress amongst the finding efforts. It has been wonderful seeing the spirit work in their lives. We are sad two of our investigators did not come to church this week even after we called them. One of them was scheduled to be baptized this next week, but now she'll have to wait another week. With the Lord's help we will be bold this week and help them understand the importance. David came though! He's that member refferal that's been looking into the church for a couple of years. His wife Shelly was sick :( . But it was wonderful seeing David taking the next step. We had a powerful lesson with him and the elders(our district leader and one zone leader who were following us around that day) with just David, and I've seen the affects of the spirit really touch him.

We've been working a lot with the BRP this week contacting. It has definitely been a learning experience and I know I have areas in which I can still improve. As of yet, none have been sincerely interested in learning more, but we have faith that as we improve our contacting that will change. It is amazing at this point to see how their hearts are soft, compared to a random knock on their door. They are willing to ask questions and listen to our words.

We have had to exercise a lot of faith this week and are happy to see a few blessings beginning to blossom. We still have a lot of work to do this month, and I am grateful for this opportunity to give my all to the Lord. I have never been so dedicated to this work as I have been over the last couple of weeks, and I want it to be the pattern for the rest of my mission. I've learned a little more about what faith can really do when coupled with action. There is nothing stronger.

Love you all lots!!!

Love,

Sister Cottam

No comments:

Post a Comment