Tuesday, July 17, 2012

This week has been a test of faith and patience for us both. We are enduring it well. We continue to plant many seeds, and through this work we will harvest the elect.

We found an amazing new investigator this past week. Gege is about 15 years old and he has a fire for the gospel. We taught him a couple of times early this week and he has begun to read the Book of Mormon. He loves it. He accepted the invitation to be baptized on Aug. 4th! He wants to come closer to Christ. We are excited to help him enter the waters and continue on.

This week I have been humbled as I have strived to figure out how to improve my efforts. On Saturday I studied some scriptures in the finding section of Preach My Gospel. What does the Lord ask you to do? 3 Nephi 27:21 "...for the works which ye have seen me do that shall ye also do..." That hit me hard. I'm really here as a servant of Jesus Christ. I'm not just a missionary, but a representative of my Savior. I am here to do the things he would do if he were here....those are some pretty big sandles to fill. The more I ponder on it, the more peace comes to my heart, the more love I feel for those I have met and will meet, the more desire fills my soul do serve and minister and testify of the precious truths of the gospel. In sacrement mtg. yesterday, the subject was all about ministering (The Lord really has a sense of humor...), especially to the one. This work isn't about numbers, but about each one soul who comes unto Christ.

Slowly but surely the Lord is shaping Sis. Koeven and me. I know as we work faithfully, dilligently and effectively, being directed by the Spirit, we will see miracles occur here (and with faith they will begin today).

Have a wonderful week! Trust in the Lord and love the work (whatever your work may be)!

Love,

Sister Cottam

No comments:

Post a Comment