Saturday, November 24, 2012

like a little child... (from November 19, 2012)

My companion and I are both sad that we are being parted this week. I'm being transferred. It was a shock to us, but the Spirit has also whispered to my soul that the Lord's knows what is needed and He'll take care of everything. I have loved my time here in Hartsville. It wasn't perfect, but I fell in love with the people and learned several very important lessons. I love that the longer I am on my mission, the more I learn... and I still have so much to learn.
We've worked hard to reach our goals this week, praying more often for them to reviewing them throughout the day. We're excited that we were able to hit several of them, especially our other lessons and inv. at sacrament. We had a couple really solid investigators, A 12 year old girl and a 9 going on 10 year old boy. They are the grand kids of a former investigator and sat in on the lessons we were teaching their grandma. They have such a sweet desire to be baptized. The girl came to church with her other brother,who is 8, and we turned him into a new investigator last night. She loved it and is getting baptized on Dec. 1st. We love this family very much, and they have fallen in love with us. I'm going to miss them. I think their sincere desire to follow Jesus Christ will rub off on their mom and grandma one day. When we go over, there is a sweeter spirit in the home than at first. Last night as we were teaching them, I was reminded of the Savior's admonition to "become as a little child". That has had deeper meaning in my heart as I watch these humble, eager souls embrace the gospel.
It's moments like these, when we get to see the hand of God moving in someone's life, that make everything else worth it. These experiences also deepen my desire for others to have it too. They make me want to be better, pray harder, and do more to move the work forward. I love being a missionary and am so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve and to give of my heart to the people here in South Carolina. I'll go wherever the Lord wants me to go, do what He wants me to do, and say what He wants me to say.
Well, we've got a lot to do today. Love ya lots!!!
Love,
Sister Cottam

No comments:

Post a Comment