Wednesday, November 28, 2012

in the hills of Georgia!

(Jesse, you'll especially appreciate this) I am now serving in Harlem, Georgia....yup, that's right....GEORGIA! I didn't see that day coming...but I'm glad I'm here.

This week has been one full of adjustment and building my faith. I'm so grateful for the experiences that I had in Hartsville with Sis. Jaye. I learned some important lessons there, one of which was the need for increased faith and another was that I can't settle for being mediocre.  I know the Lord has prepared me to serve here and has called me here for a purpose (took a little humbling to accept that). I'm excited to serve Him however I can.

I am so grateful for the chance I have to serve with Sis. Steimle now in Harlem. She just finished being trained by none other than Sister Roos. She has a zeal for the gospel and a sincere desire to serve. I'm grateful for her example. We live with another set of sisters and the ward is split between us. There is rarely a dull moment in our apartment. It's been a wonderful opportunity to receive support and share in the service of the Lord.

We worked hard for the first couple of days here, and then my companion got pink eye and had to stay in. We're ready to get back to work today. We met a sweet sister last Friday who was taught before and we have another appointment set up to see her this week. My heart yearns to teach those in this area who are seeking for the gospel. I know I'll learn much here. I love being a missionary!

Happy Be-lated Thanksgiving! We had a good holiday. We visited members, did a little service, and had dinner with a sweet young family in the ward.

Hope y'all have a good week!

Love,

Sister Cottam

No comments:

Post a Comment