Sunday, February 10, 2013

Divine potential (from January 28, 2013)

This week has been an intense spiritual learning experience. As we've continued to work with Vince, I am amazing by the power of the gospel and the Holy Ghost to change people's lives. I've also come to realize how overwhelming life can be and how truly blessed I am to have the things I do, to have grown up in the home I did, to have the fulness of the gospel in my life. It struck me so plainly and so powerfully this week how blessed I am as we have seen Vince struggle with his living conditions, his emotional struggles because of it, and his spiritual growth. He is hungry for the peace that the Gospel of Jesus Christ can bring. He wants it so much and seeks every opportunity to have it. It's the hope he had lost. It's the peace he now needs. It's the motivation he desires. It's the hands to pull him out. It's the direction he has been looking for. What strikes me so much is how the Lord has prepared him, and prepared us to meet at this time. There are experiences that Sister Steimle and I have been through that are exactly what this son of God needs at this time in his life. Vince is excited to be baptized on Feb. 9th :) . He is really solid on preparing for that day. I love it!

This scripture keeps sticking out in my mind this week: "But the Lord knoweth all things from the beginning; wherefore, he prepareth a way to accomplish all his works among the children of men; for behold, he hath all power unto the fulfilling of all his words. And thus it is. Amen. (1 Nephi 9:6)" I stand all amazed at God's power and plan for us. I see in Vince an amazing man with so much potential.

We have another missionary fireside this week. I'm excited for it. we have several people who have committed to come (part member families, less active families, and Vince) I'm excited for them to go and feel the Spirit there.

Hope y'all have a wonderful week! Touch someone's life this week :)

Love,

Sister Cottam

No comments:

Post a Comment