Monday, February 18, 2013

Enduring well

It has been a busy week! We finished splitting our area and are enjoying the first week of working with Elders in our ward. My new companion is Sister Gardner. I'm excited to work with her here. She's is brimming with faith and is helping me stretch and grow. I've learned how to appreciate change this week as I've opened my heart to continue learning and growing. Newish area, new people, new companion, and new ways to share the gospel.

Vince is doing well. He continues to grow and mature. I love watching him move forward, no matter the obstacle, to seek true repentance and healing on the path of the gospel. We had stake conference this week. He got to go to the adult session and the Sunday session. He loved many of the messages shared as said again, "I still have so much to learn!"

During my studies this week, God taught me an important lesson. I got "stuck" on the first few verses of 2 Nephi 2 where Lehi is talking to his son Jacob about all that Jacob has been through. As I pondered on those verses, writing in my study journal about what Jacob endured, the Spirit taught me what "enduring" really means (and then it was reiterated in stake conference!). Enduring to the End doesn't mean we hang on for dear life until it's over...enduring well means taking the situation and thriving in it. A speaker in stake conference put it in perfect wording: being "anxiously engaged in a good cause". During these final weeks I don't want to just "hang on", I want to thrive. The Lord blessed me with the perfect companion to help me do so. The Lord is hastening His work. It will go on whether we are part of it or not.

I want to be a part of it.

I'm in the middle of my mission. I've so much still to learn. I'm excited to get to work and find those who need us, who need the hope of the gospel!

Have a good week y'all! Endure it well.

Love,

Sister Cottam

No comments:

Post a Comment