Monday, January 9, 2012

another white weekend ;)

First and foremost: Mikaela was baptized!!!

It was amazing! and I sent pictures :) because the library's computers now have SD card slots :D . Don't let her face in the pictures fool you, she really was excited. It was amazing to see this 15 year old girl grow in the gospel from curiosity to sincere desire to a heart that is full and overbrimming. She is amazing. After the baptism she told us in her simple teenage language that she doesn't want to mess up now that she's been baptized. What faith! Her dad, who was planning on quitting smoking at the end of January (when he used up what he had already bought), finally chucked out all of his tobacco, etc. on Saturday, so he was worthy and able (with permission from the bishop) to stand in the circle for her confirmation. When we found out he did that, we jumped for joy, and my heart was full when I saw a now worthy father get to participate in his daughter's confirmation. Miracles are out there. I know we had very little to do with all of their progress. All we did was invite the spirit into the home. God did the rest.

On a sadder note, Sis. Graves is no longer one of my companions. We had two sisters go home this past week due to health issues, so Sis. Graves was transfered to take one of their places as a traveling sister. Though sad, this is also a tremendous blessing. Sis. Kloepfel and I discovered that we both have "youngest sibling syndrome". We, being the youngest sibling in our families, are more than willing to let someone else take the lead and talk while we sit patiently listening. Now that Sis. Graves isn't with us, we have to step up and it's been one of the greatest learning experiences we've had. We both discovered we can actually stand on our own. When push comes to shove, I know now that I can step up with the Lord's help. He has helped me realize that I am a great missionary to Him, and I have the ability to touch people's lives in my own way. I don't have to be like other more experienced missionaries. I am also ordained to preach, to invite the spirit to teach those we meet. That's an important thing to learn.

I love you all. Hope you have a great week. Don't forget that the best things come not on our time table, but by a little bit of prayer, a chunk of  trust in God, and a large helping of faith to follow the Spirit's promptings when they come.

Love,

Sister Cottam

100_0696 (2)

100_0699 (2)

100_0694 (2)

No comments:

Post a Comment