Tuesday, December 4, 2012

He knows…

I am settling in well here and am grateful for the Lord's help in learning names and places. This past week our bishop gave us a list of people that he was unfamiliar with and wanted us to track down. We have loved this opportunity to serve the ward and have done a lot of work looking for less active members and then contacting around them. We've also been striving to improve our contacting and bare our testimonies more at the door. We feel the Spirit more often and continue to invite almost everyone we talk with to visit the Christmas website. I enjoy this time of year when we have the opportunity to share the Spirit of Christ with others.

We were able to contact an investigator Tara that wasn't progressing this week. We had a really good lesson with her. I'm so grateful for the Spirit that guided us to ask questions. I learned how important it really is to ask inspired questions. It's true, their response often highlights a doctrine we can teach, and it will be something that will spark their interest more than a rote presentation, something they need in order to draw closer to Christ. The Lord knows the needs of these people for better than we do. We need His guidance, and I'm so grateful for it! I learned an important lesson. The scriptures say that our mouths will be filled, but I learned very clearly this week, that I have to open my mouth and begin to speak in order for the Spirit to help me out. I have to have the faith to act, take that step in the dark, and THEN the Spirit will light the path a little more. I love being a missionary.

I hope you all have a wonderfully amazing beginning to the Christmas season. Go spread the Spirit of Christ through acts of love!

Love,

Sister Cottam

No comments:

Post a Comment