Monday, February 4, 2013

a precious gift (from December 17, 2012)

This is Jesse, Rachel’s and Rebekah’s brother. I’m sorry to all of you who read these blog posts that I haven’t been posting them lately. I am catching up right now. I am really sorry.

 

Hello family!

This has been a humbling week for me as we had to stay in for several days after I caught the stomach flu. Yup, not fun... I wanted so much to go out and work, but knew my body couldn't handle it. It made me slow down, and even though I didn't like being sick, I think it was what I needed just now. As a got my health back and have gone back to work, everything is more important to me, and I have an increased desire give my whole heart and will to the Lord and his work. Because of the change in perspective, this weekend I've been trying to make our door contacts more personal and directed by the Spirit, and to let the Spirit direct me more often in planning, finding, and teaching. There are people who are prepared here. We just we have to find them. I know the Lord is molding me into the missionary he needs me to be.

I am so grateful that the Lord works miracles, great and small, in our lives (as he did in mine this week). I feel His loving watch looking over us in his work. These are his children here, and he wants them to have the gospel. I love serving the Lord through serving his children, and I love being a missionary. I love the gospel so much and know that it is true. Yesterday in sacrament, the theme was Helamen 5:12 and I had an amazing revelation as the second speaker was reading the scripture. Often I am sometimes shy about sharing the Book of Mormon because so many here have only known the Bible and aren't open to the idea of another book of scripture, but the Spirit whispered to me yestereday that we cannot be bold in testifying of the Book of Mormon. Why should we be shy that God has given us such an amazing gift? The doctrines taught in there are just as true and just as precious and any contained in the Bible. I love the Book of Mormon so much and know it is true.

I love all y'all!

have a good week!

Love,

Sister Cottam

No comments:

Post a Comment