Sunday, February 10, 2013

new year...bigger area (from January 7, 2013)

The other sisters left this week. It was a very quiet few days. I felt like an important part of me left as they drove away early Wednesday morning and both Sister Steimle and I had to go through the grieving process for a couple days. Gratefully, we've stayed very busy as we have worked on combining the areas back together. We both feel a little overwhelmed and worn out, but the Spirit continues to comfort us and we know God has a purpose in it all. There is someone(or many people) who we are meant to meet. Though tired, I find myself thanking God for this opportunity. I know it will be a time of streching. We're going to stay busy and will learn how to work more effectively as we expand our area.

We've met some wonderful people this past week. Sister Bell and Kloepfel took us to meet their investigators the day before they left and they have left us with a lot of good work to do in Thomson. I pray the Lord will use us as tools in His hands to bring souls to Christ this transfer. In Thomson we met a young man knocking. The amazing part about it is that Sister Steimle and Sister Roos knocked into him in a different neighborhood before the area was split. We talked to him for a few minutes on his door step and he expressed his desire to get back on track with God. After a miracle like that, we know God has a plan in store for him, and we were placed there to be a part of it. I'm full of anticipation to see how the gospel will bless his life.

We continue to work with a wonderful less active family, the Hilliards. We've been teaching their young son who turned 8 last month. My joy in working with this family has been full as we have seen Sister Hilliard slowly but surely progress again in the gospel. The lessons we've been teaching have been as much for her benefit as they have been for Eli. They've been to church 3 weeks in a row and Eli is becoming more and more solid in the gospel as we teach him.

I'm so grateful to be in the service of God. I love this gospel so much and each day I learn more and more about it and about God's plan for us. I am so grateful for the deeping faith with which the Lord has blessed me throughout my mission and know he will continue to teach me this coming year. I am so grateful to be a missionary and be in God's service. Have a Happy New Year!

Have a wonderful week!
Love,
Sister Cottam

 

Some pics from the holidays:

"I am a mormon" t-shirts from Sister Steimle's mom :)

Our living room on Christmas eve

(this one's for you Mom<3) An awesome street sign 

Our last district meeting with the other sisters

Me and Sister Steimle

Love all y'all!

Sister Cottam

100_1886

100_1827

100_1898

100_1895

No comments:

Post a Comment